8:00 A.M. - 3:45 P.M.
- Encouraging lifelong information literacy and learning through reading and inquiry
- Providing an inviting, dynamic environment in which students and staff become learners capable of accessing, evaluating, applying, and sharing information independently
- Providing real and virtual access to appropriate, high-quality resources and services that support and enhance teaching, literacy, and learning during and outside the school day
- Participating in curriculum development and design of learning activities
- Facilitating professional development for the learning community
- Create collaborative relationships between school librarians and classroom teachers, which transforms the school library program into a support system that strengthens the curriculum by bridging the information literacy gap.
Library Circulation Policy
- Students may check out materials from the Fiction, Non-Fiction, Biography, and other Media collection. All materials may be checked out for a maximum of two weeks.
- All students may visit the library independently to check out and return materials based on the schedule or permission of the classroom teacher/librarian.
- School staff may check out any materials for a 30-day period which may be renewed, as necessary. If requested, that period will be extended based on the staff member's needs. Staff may borrow as many items as needed and may check out reference materials for one day.